What is your personal information?
When used in this Collection Statement, the term “personal information” has the meaning given to it in the Privacy Act 2020. In general terms, “personal information” means any information about an identifiable individual, including an individual’s name, address, telephone number, email address, credit card details, account number, and profession or occupation. If the information we collect personally identifies you, or you are reasonably identifiable from it, the information will be considered personal information.
Why do we collect your personal information?
We collect your personal information so that we can:
- respond to your enquiry;
- identify you and conduct appropriate checks (including verification of age and/or eligibility to work in New Zealand);
- administer your application and in the case of successful applicants, your relationship with REACH as an independent contractor;
- process and deposit contract payments into your account;
- send you technical, administrative or legal notices relevant to the services;
- send you information about events, news or promotions that may be of interest to you;
- comply with our legal and regulatory obligations and enforce our legal rights; and
How do we share your personal information?
You give us your consent to collect, use and store your personal information provided as set out in this Collection Statement. Unless you provide your consent, we will not be able to contact you regarding this enquiry or set you up as an independent contractor. This consent remains valid for an indefinite period unless you alter or revoke it by giving written notice to our Privacy Officer.
All information submitted to us must be true and correct. You must not provide, post or upload inaccurate, incomplete, false or misleading information. You may correct or update your personal information at any time by logging in to REACHTEAM and notifying your supervisor. If you are under the age of 16, your parent or guardian must complete and sign the REACH distribution contract. Further details on applicable employment laws in NZ can be found HERE